Italian goes plant-based! Enjoy the flavors of Italy from your home kitchen with this meatless Zucchini Roll Ups recipe.
Zucchini Roll Ups
- 3-4 large zucchini
- 1 tbsp Wild Harvest olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb Wild Harvest Plant Based Ground
- 24 oz marinara sauce, divided
- 1 tbsp Wild Harvest Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Wild Harvest fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Wild Harvest fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded plant-based mozzarella cheese
- Wild Harvest Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Using a mandolin, slice zucchini into long, thin strips, about ⅛” thick.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and continue cooking for 1 minutes. Add Wild Harvest plant based ground and break apart with a wooden spoon, cooking until browned (5-7 minutes).
- Add in half (12 oz) of the marinara, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano and parsley and stir well. Remove from heat.
- Line the bottom of a baking dish with a few spoonfuls of marinara sauce.
- To make the roll ups, place the zucchini strip on a flat surface, then add about 2 tbsp of filling lengthwise down the strip. Roll it up tightly, then place in the baking dish and repeat. Top with remaining marinara sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes to crisp up the cheese if desired.