Satisfy your craving for Mexican food with this Chicken Tortilla Soup. Hearty and filling, try this recipe at home!
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2 tbsp Wild Harvest olive oil
- 1 Wild Harvest yellow onion, diced (1 ½ cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 medium jalapeño, deseeded, and minced (~ 3 tbsp)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup taco sauce
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 ½ tsp Wild Harvest chili powder
- 1 tsp fine grain kosher salt
- 1 tsp Wild Harvest cumin
- ½ tsp Wild Harvest paprika
- 4 cups Wild Harvest chicken broth
- 28 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 14 oz Wild Harvest can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup Wild Harvest chopped fresh cilantro
- For serving: Wild Harvest Mexican Style Blend Cheese, avocado, sour cream, tortilla chips, etc
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, jalapeño and bell pepper and continue cooking for 5 minutes, until the vegetables start to soften.
- Stir in taco sauce, oregano, chili powder, salt, cumin and paprika until the vegetables are well coated. Add in vegetable broth, fire roasted tomatoes, lime juice, black beans and chicken breasts. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
- Simmer for 25-30 minutes, then remove chicken to a bowl and use two forks to shred. Return chicken to the soup, then stir in the cilantro and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with cheese, sliced avocado, cilantro, fresh lime wedges, etc.